The New Year is one of my favorite times of the year. Why? Because I LOVE making New Year Resolutions. As the years have progressed, I’ve come to realize that I’m not really making resolutions but rather a plan for the year. Or perhaps calling it a plan just makes me feel better about making 20 or so “resolutions”….
No doubt about it, I’m a planner. I used to dislike being a planner because I thought it sounded like a lot more fun to be spontaneous. But now, I’ve embraced reality. I find great joy in making and fulfilling a plan. I love the fresh start that comes with each new year to focus on some positive, good habits. For me, 2012 was a CRAZY (but good…very very good!) year and so it’s time to get back on track and focused on things that are important to me. Health, home and most importantly my relationship with Christ.
So 2013… what’s my plan for the year?
- Read the Bible in a Year
- Make 2 meatless dinners/week
- Eat more veggies/less junk food
- Save $ and go to New Zealand and/or Australia
- More Exercise
- Follow a cleaning schedule (posted on the fridge so I see it daily!)
- Blog more consistently (clearly my year didn’t get off to a great start with this one…)
- Read more books
- Do one big “at home” project per month (cleaning closets, organizing craft supplies, new system for our recycling items, etc.)
- Explore Cali more
- Do a better job with meal planning
- Invite people over 2x/month (minimum)
- Keep in better touch with friends
- Watch less TV
- Read the chapter of Proverbs that corresponds with the date daily
- No dinner in front of the TV
- Devotions with the husband every week night
- Reflect on/Discuss sermon after church
There’s nothing too crazy on my list this year. Not at all like that year I wanted to drink more grapefruit juice, only to forget WHY I thought I should do that a few days later… You never know what a year will bring the one thing I do know is that I never regret making some intentional choices and it’s the little choices that can make the biggest difference.