Spare moments to sit down and blog seem to be hard to come by these days. After sitting behind a computer all day for work, more time in front of the screen is the last thing I want come the end of the day. My eyeballs are recharged after a 3 day weekend and I’m here to report to you reviews from my latest Pinterest recipe attempts!
1. Crispy Salty Kale Chips – Crispy and salty – two of my favorite food adjectives! Hubby is more into the sweet stuff, while I like salty. It’s no surprise that I was a fan and he was not. I’d been seeing lots of recipes for Kale chips and finally decided to give it a try. I’m glad I did! I will definitely be snacking on these again. Maybe it will help lessen my popcorn addiction… There’s just something about eating green things that makes me feel healthy!
2. Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Breadsticks – I was making fish for dinner, which can be kind of hit or miss with my husband. He doesn’t LOVE fish, but he’ll eat it and I wanted to ensure that he liked the side I was making with it. I vaguely recalled something about bacon wrapped asparagus on Pinterest (two things he is definitely a fan of!) so I decided to give it a whirl. And no, of course I didn’t think to look back at the recipe! Well, as you’ll see from the recipe I actually forgot that there were breadsticks involved in the recipe, so we juts had bacon wrapped asparagus, topped with a little black paper then baked. Yum! I’m sure WITH the breadsticks would also be delicious!
3. Bubble Up Pizza – This was so-so. Husband liked it a lot more than I did. I don’t think I baked it quite long enough so the texture of mine was kind of disgusting. I was too many bites in before putting it back in the oven to enjoy it when it was more fully baked. We did ours with pepperoni and mushroom. I definitely prefer regular pizza or a calzone to this, but I’m glad we tried it.
4. Neiman Marcus Brownies – It was a Saturday morning with an unexpected guest who was in town meeting up with us for lunch. We wanted to invite him over for coffee and dessert after lunch. Yes, it’s always a risk to try something new when a guest is coming over, but thank goodness this one was a winner! Super quick, easy and tasty.
5. Pumpkin Oatmeal Cups – These left something to be desired for us. We even added chocolate chips…but… Yeah… I think it was a texture thing. I’d definitely prefer a plain bowl of oatmeal! Go figure…So much for the healthy recipe working out…