I am currently obsessed with this salad. I got the recipe from a coworker, who got it from another coworker, who I think got it from another coworker. Apparently this recipe is based off a salad served at Cedar Creek Inn in San Juan Capistrano. Seriously, it is the BEST combination of sweet, savory, spicy…the textures…oh it is SO good!
- 2 Bags or Heads of Mixed Lettuce
- 1 Bag of Frozen White Corn
- 1 Cup Chopped Cilantro
- 2 Cups Chopped Apples
- 1 Cup Spicy Peanuts
- 1 Cup Crumbled Blue Cheese
- 4 Grilled Chicken Breasts Chopped
- 1 Bag of Blue Tortillas Chips (crumbled)
- 1 Chopped Red Onion
- Mix 1 bottle of Ranch and 1 bottle of BBQ sauce for dressing
This salad serves 12 people.
Of course you can make substitutions according to your preferences. We didn’t have any blue cheese, so we used goat cheese. I also most recently used yellow corn, not white, but you get the idea. It is delicious!