Another month has come and gone and the first week of the Fall quarter is over for Than. September was full of some milestones in our little family.
- We had our one year anniversary of living in California. In some ways I can’t believe it’s been a year, but at the same time so much has happened in the past year!
- Ru finished her TESOL certification – yay! Now to move overseas and put it to use! Or not. It’s just a great thing to have in my back pocket should it come in handy sometime in the future. I have no immediate plans to put it to use, but I sure am glad to be done. Working behind a computer all day, the last thing I feel like doing in the evening is an online class with more time behind the computer.
- Than took his GRE in preparation for for applying for the PhD program this year, which went very well.
- Than has been asked to TA a class this Fall – very exciting! He’s TA’ing with a professor who is very influential in his field. This professor is one of the key reasons Than wanted to come to Fuller and it’s been amazing to watch new opportunities unfold in the year we’ve been here for Than to get to know him and learn from him.
- And not nearly, as exciting, but still noteworthy… Our neighbor who’s music would make our floor shake has moved out – yay! I can work in peace again without blasting my worship music to counteract the rap music!
Here’s to year 2 in California! And hopefully more regular blog updates from us… But we’ll see how that goes!