Each week it’s fun to see more and more of who Charlotte is and who she is becoming. We enjoy sharing little glimpses of her each week on our blog, especially for our family and friends who live so far away!
At 10 weeks, Charlotte…
- Usually sleeps for one 6-7 hour stretch at night. I think this makes up for her dislike of naps during the day!
- Went for her 2 month well-baby check up. She’s growing well! At her 2 week appointment she was in the 2nd percentile for weight and 41st percentile for length and now at 2 months she’s up to the 22nd percentile in weight and 55th for length.
- Had her first round of shots at the doctor. She was very brave during the shots. Later that day she was quite sleepy (as the doctor said she probably would be) but the tears and crankiness came a couple of days later.
- Scoots like crazy during tummy time. She used to enjoy tummy time, but unfortunately that is not the case now. It results in some serious screaming – we’re trying to be persistent with it though! I think she gets frustrated because she just can’t move as much as she’d like.
- Grabs onto the toys that hang over her play mat and occasionally her taggy bunny. When she grabs onto the toys hanging above her during playtime, she hangs on for dear life – we are impressed with how strong she is. Oh and speaking of strong, beware of her little legs. She can kick REALLY hard and I’m pretty sure it’s her legs that are helping her scoot so far when on her tummy!
- Still loves sucking on her hand – sometimes she even finds just her thumb now!
- Enjoys music! She particularly loves songs with motions that Mom and Dad do with her like Row, Row Row Your Boat and The Itsy Bitsy Spider. She also likes listening to Veggie Tales on Spotify while playing.
- Got her paci back in her mouth all by herself twice this week! Yes, it might have been an accident but I’d like to think it shows her determination. 🙂
- Blows lots of bubbles. You know how kids usually have a blankie or toy they love for comfort? I’m afraid that Charlotte might opt for a burp cloth because between her bubbles and drool and spit-up there’s always a burp cloth nearby and I’ve definitely caught her snuggling it a couple of times.
- Almost rolled over for the first time!
Meeting our friend Delaney!
Charlotte loves time on her play mat – as long as she’s on her back!
Cuddles with Daddy while waiting for the pediatrician.
Very unsure about the Bumbo seat!
Ahhh – her red hair!!