Due to last week’s travel, I’m a week behind on our blog! Don’t worry – you’ll get an extra long post today to make up for it! It also means I have nearly 400 photos to sort through to find a few highlights for today’s blog. I recently started using Than’s camera which is much nicer than mine so I think I’ve gone a little overboard playing with it!
Charlotte is growing like crazy – and so is her hair! But she’s got a long ways to go until the hair on the top of her head catches up with the long hair in back. Haha. Here she is at 19 and 20 weeks.
At 19 and 20 weeks, Charlotte…
- Got her 4 month immunizations. They resulted in a LOT of sleepiness, some serious fussiness and screaming, little knots on her thighs and her first dose of Tylenol. Poor baby – it was a couple of rough days!
- Loves to cover her face and hide under her burp cloths.
- Gets her legs stuck in between the slats on her crib. Oops. We will be getting a mesh liner soon!
- Took her 2nd trip on an airplane. The red-eye wasn’t quite as easy as the last flight and she didn’t get much sleep. However she did great on the way home (where she got a seat to herself as there was an extra seat by us – yay) and she enjoyed giving huge smiles to all our fellow passengers.
- Reached her arms out to Mama for the first time. So sweet. She also likes to cry when I leave the room… That’s not quite as sweet.
- Met Aunt Anita, lots of Mommy’s Chicago friends, Charlotte-ish sized friends Aliza, Meredith and Jadon, and of course had a great visit with Grandma and Grandpa Northcutt.
- Went swimming for the first time. I’m pretty sure she enjoyed it- to her it was probably just like a giant bath tub and she still loves bath time!
- Visited the zoo. Actually, it would be more accurate to say she slept through her first trip to the zoo! But we still had fun!
- Not only enjoys chomping on her own fingers, but also loves to grab other people’s fingers and thumbs and guide them directly into her mouth.
- Rolled from her back to her tummy for the first time!
- Is reverting back to her newborn ways of getting up several times in the night. I think it’s a combination of a little jet lag and a growth spurt, but it is brutal! I was totally readjusted to sleeping through the night again and hope to get back to that place soon.
- Is obsessed with Freddie the Firefly – it’s definitely her favorite toy right now. She can’t get enough of him.
- Smiles like crazy and giggles more and more. She loves attention, people and raspberries on her belly.
And last, but not least, a few family photos from a photo shoot at Target.