At 29 weeks, Charlotte…
- Is on the move! She is army crawling like a pro and Mom and Dad are scrambling around moving electrical cords, phone chargers and other dangerous for baby items before she gets there. The ottoman and toy basket make a great make shift baby barricade until we can figure out the best plan going forward in terms of baby gates. Babies certainly have an uncanny ability to find every electrical cord in a house!
- Will crawl to me when I say her name and hold my hands out to her – even if it means she needs to completely change direction. Warm’s my Mommy heart…until I realize she’ll crawl even faster for her beloved bottle!
- Loves being outside. It calms her in her crankiest moments – even when it’s a blazing 98 degrees outside. Last weekend we played in the grass with bubbles. I think she will like the bubbles better when she can sit up on her own (she did manage to sort of lean forward on a toy/sit up for a few seconds this week – but let’s face it, she’d much rather be moving and playing). She was a little uncertain about the grass – it’s kind of rough grass so she probably found it a little itchy.
- Throws her toys when she’s excited or angry. I don’t know if it’s intentional or not but she can throw them far!
- Still is fighting a little bit of a cough and congestion. She’s much better than last week but a little is lingering. The pediatrician said it takes about 10-14 days to go away and we are just at 1 week so we have a few more days to go.
- Can’t get enough of toes and feet. She loves to grab them, touch her toys with them, wrap her toes on the cool metal of the grocery cart and so much more. She also loves to crawl and scoot her way over to Mom and Dad’s feet and rest her head on them. So cuddly.
- Makes a growling sound. It’s hilarious. She’s like a little bear. My theory is that it feels good on her throat since she’s been congested – either way it cracks us up!
- Ate her first slice of watermelon! She seemed to really love it. I don’t blame her, it was a really yummy watermelon!
- And a few more just for fun! Including our special visitor, Heather!