Charlotte is keeping us on our toes these days. She is a very busy little girl. That’s probably the reason I didn’t have time to update our blog last week!
At 32 and 33 weeks, Charlotte….
- Is getting up on her knees and starting to push herself up (mostly against us). She’s definitely not standing yet, but fully crawling is definitely in her near future.
- Said goodbye to her dear nanny who had to leave for college. We will miss her so much!
- Sits up like a champ now. And boy does that make our lives easier! Wow! We are working on rolling a ball back and forth with her. She loves when the ball arrives right to her and sometimes (probably by accident) returns it!
- Seems to be getting another tooth. I may have said that a couple of weeks ago. No new teeth yet. Lots of drool and fussiness and gnawing on things. Anytime this seem a little off, I automatically think she’s teething, but who knows!
- Loves striking a pose like a little model. She pushes herself up on her side, hand above her head – hilarious. Even the nursery workers at church commented on her little pose.
- Went to MOPS for the first time. Ok, Mom went to MOPS while Charlotte played in the nursery with her friends. I think we both had fun, but she sure was glad to see me at the end!
- Is super into cords, straps, HAIR… At this rate Charlotte’s first word is going to be “Owww” or “Nooo” based on the number of times I say that when she pulls me hair. I can’t help it – it hurts! A lot. She’s highly amused – both by my hair and my reaction!
- Gives the biggest smiles when you sing and dance for her!
- Finds great entertainment in throwing her toys for Mommy and Daddy to fetch for her.
- Currently is on a veggie strike. She refuses to eat veggies but gobbles fruit down like crazy.
Monday: Grilled Chicken Legs with Creole Seasoning and Sauteed Zucchini
Tuesday: White Chicken Enchilada Bake
Wednesday: Teriyaki Pork, Coconut Rice, Roasted Broccoli
Thursday: Spaghetti and Turkey Meatballs, Salad
Friday: Small Group Dinner – Shredded BBQ Chicken Sliders and Baked Corn Casserole (and other sides people are bringing)
Saturday: Homemade Pizza
Recipe Recommendation – Quinoa Chili – great for vegetarians and meat eaters alike!
The weeks are flying by with our giggly little girl!
At 31 weeks, Charlotte’s adventures include…
Turning 7 months old – and hardly laying still for a pic!
Beach day! With our new beach tent!
Extreme interest in a s’more at a Labor Day pool party. (No, she didn’t get a bite!)
Doing anything and everything with her feet. She’s constantly moving toys and books around with her little toes. Hilarious.
Beating the heat (multiple days of 100 degree weather here) with lots of time in the pool. She’s a pro at relaxing in her little “boat” (floatie raft).
The start of some separation anxiety… Screaming and more screaming when Mom and Dad walk out of the room. Let’s hope it’s a very short phase!
A borrowed exersaucer!This has provided hours of entertainment for Charlotte. See her many expressions in the exersaucer below!
Not exactly it’s intended use…
But she sure was proud of herself!
Hmm…What is this for?
Thanks Jude for letting me borrow your toy – I love it!!
Striking a pose.
So much excitement!
Yes, I know it’s Wednesday today but I started this post back on Monday! Therefore it’s still going to be called Menu Planning Monday.
Monday: Labor Day Cookout/Potluck
Tuesday: Butter Beef, Egg Noodles, Green Beans (one of Than’s VERY favorite meals – and one of the easiest things I could make – WIN WIN!)
Wednesday: Tacos and Mexican Corn Salad
Thursday: Jambalaya and Peas/Carrots
Friday: Quinoa Chili
Saturday: Grilled Chicken Sandwiches and Tator Tots
Sunday: Breakfast for Dinner – Waffles and Sausage Links
It’s a new month and we’re learning some new rhythms as Charlotte is more mobile than ever before and we’re transitioning from having some part time childcare to doing it on our own! We’re spend more time outside as the weather has (thankfully!) cooled down a bit. Charlotte loves long walks around the neighborhood and is even content just walking outside of our building to watch the cars goes by.
At 30 weeks, Charlotte…
- Loves swimming in the pool at our apartment complex. She also likes watching some of the kids who live in our complex as we get to know their parents.
- Got her first sippy cup – sometimes she likes it, sometimes she doesn’t, which is fine – we’re in no hurry to get rid of the bottle.
- Was a serious trooper when we went car shopping. In case you’re wondering, we did not get a new car. We were just looking around at something bigger but are totally undecided about what to get.
- Can’t get enough of knocking over towers of blocks. Next step – teach her how to build the towers up again herself!
- Has been a total sleepyhead. I think she must be going through a growth spurt because she is eating and sleeping like crazy.
- Is getting a little better at sitting up but she still prefers being on the move instead of just sitting there.
Giggles like crazy!
Loves her blocks!
Teaching her the importance of exercise at a young age. She was highly amused watching me do a Jillian Michael’s workout video.
Our little escapee…
Sometimes she gets stuck… We help her after laughing a little bit at her!
So many smiles and giggles when Daddy swings her through the air!
This was all her… She rolled herself right up like a little burrito!
Figuring out the sippy cup…or trying to!
A fun new toy if nothing else!