I think it’s safe to officially say we’re moving into monthly instead of weekly posts. Charlotte is still changing like crazy each week – in fact, I think it’s safe to say she’s changing so much that we are too busy chasing after her to write any blog posts! Our nine month old (!!) is growing like crazy – she weighs 20 lbs 1 oz (she jumped from the 31st percentile at her 6 month appointment to the 80th at her 9 month appointment!) and is 28 3/4″ tall (90th percentile). Proportional and sturdy are 2 word the doctor used to describe her. Quite the contrast from the long skinny baby in past months. And to think she was just in the 2nd percentile for weight at her 2 week appointment…
I think Charlotte could be described as a determined explorer these days. I hope that determination and curiosity/love of exploring are two things that will stick with her as she grows.
Charlotte’s latest adventures include…
- Climbing a couple of stairs (with Mom very close behind her).
- An obsession with her Peek a Who book
- First ride in the shopping cart at Target. She held on for dear life the whole time.
- Giggling like crazy!
- Standing up and taking little strolls around the perimeter of her crib when she should be napping.
- Making her rounds cruising around all of our living room furniture.
- Helping Mom and Dad figure out very quickly what a bad job they did babyproofing!
- Got her first pumpkin (a tiny one) which she loves to gnaw on.
- Turned on the TV (possibly by accident?) – got to keep those remotes out of her reach!
- Watched her first episode of Barney due to the time change. We were desperate!
- Is currently fighting her first cold.
- Had a fun visit with her Auntie Steph, Uncle Mike and cousins Maddie and Josie.
- Took her first trip to Disneyland! I think it’s safe to say we all had a great time. Charlotte didn’t even flinch on the little drops (that get my stomach every time!) on Pirates of the Caribbean.
- Dressed up like a penguin for Halloween.